You have no items in your shopping cart.
Prolonged sitting is associated with blood-glucose issues and increased risk of heart disease. Working standing up will increase your heart rate by an average of 10 beats a minute, the University of Chester has found. Do that three hours a day , five days a week for a year , and, in terms of calories burnt , that's the equivalent of running 10 marathons". Sunday Times, 12 Jan, 2014
Why sit and gain weight when you can stand and stay fit?
The Office Fitness Height Adjustable Desk; the revolution in office furniture and a solution to end the harmfulness of all-day sitting.
Many studies show that being sedentary for extended periods is damaging for a number of reasons; not least early death. Getting to your feet and standing typically raises the calories burned per hour ( for a 1501b person) from 60 to over 100. Introduce a balance dome or stepper and you are looking at nearer 200 calories per hour. Continued for 2-3 hours a day and you will burn way in excess of anything that can be achieved in the weekly three x 40 minute gym sessions
The High Riser 2EA offers transition from sitting to standing at the touch of a button. The desk can lift up to 80kg within seconds
- Frame: Powder coated grey, white or black steel frame, 1000 x 680mm frame
- Height Adjustable Range: 680-1130mm
- Speed: 20mm/s
- Either chose your desktop from your existing desk (most sizes from 1200-1800mm in length 600-900mm width should be suitable) or chose one of our own
- Desk Top (option): environmental friendly MFC with melamine beech veneer (E1 grade, 25mm thickness)
High Riser 2EA Height Adjustable Desk Features
- Variable Height electric sit-stand desk
- Max. Load on Tabletop: 80 KG
- Powder coated grey, white or black frame
- Height Range:680-1130mm
- Length Adjustable Frame: 1000-1600mm
- Speed: 20mm/s
- Table size: 120x80, 140x80, 160x80 and 180x80 (option)
- Manufacturer's one year warranty
- Dimensions: 110cm long, 63cm wide, 20cm high
- Rating Time: 30 Mins Calorie Display
- Runway Belt: 85x36cm
- Product Power: 350W
- Motor power: 500W
The non-health related reasons for walking
Treadmill belt adjustment
Aligning the Treadmill Belt
Ensure the running belt is centered on your treadmill at all times. Running style and a non-level surface are two instances that may cause the belt to drift off center. Minors adjustment to the two bolt at the rear of the treadmill are necessary when the belt has drifted off center.
1. Press “START” then increase the treadmill speed to 3 mph (5 kph).
2. Stand the rear of the treadmill to determine which direction to the belt of drifting
3. If the belt drifts to the left, turn the left adjustment bolt one-quarter turn clockwise and the right adjustment bolt one-quarter turn counter-clockwise.(See FIG.C)
4. If the belt drifts to the right, turn left adjustment bolt one-quarter turn counter-clockwise and the right adjustment bolt one-quarter turn clockwise. (See FIG.C)
5. Observe the tracking of the belt for about two minutes. Repeat steps 3, 4 and 5 as needed.
Effects of Walking while Working on Physical Activity and Work Performance
Source: US National Library of Medicine National Institutes of Health
Source: BMC Public Health
Source: University of Minnesota
Benefits of Exercise based on Studies
Exercise is Essential to ‘Grow Back your Brain’
Source: The Times
Exercise at Work Boosts Productivity
Source: Science Daily
Check items to add to the cart or select all
Office Fitness Desk Walker | Treadmill Desk
Regular Price: £499.99
Special Price: Excl. VAT £249.99 Incl. VAT: £299.99
Office Fitness Standing Desk CPU HolderExcl. VAT £29.16 Incl. VAT: £34.99
Office Fitness Cable Management TrayExcl. VAT £33.32 Incl. VAT: £39.99
Office Fitness Ball Chair - Includes exercise DVD
Regular Price: £99.99
Special Price: Excl. VAT £58.32 Incl. VAT: £69.99
I can hear a loud noise from the engine of my treadmill. How do I fix it?
This is most probably due to the vibration caused by the motor belt not in proper alignment. Please try to adjust the motor belt be straight, move the motor belt from roll and motor.
This video explains how to make the adjustment. https://vimeo.com/245857918
Can you tell me what the maximum user weight for the treadmill is please? Many thanks, Fran
The maximum user weight for the treadmill is 100kgs
How fast the treadmill goes as far as Km/h or miles/h? Also does it come with a display unit which tells me how fats I am walking and how long for and how much I walked during the day? thank you Monica
Dear Monica, the minimum speed is 1mile per hour, the maximum speed is 6mph (10 km/h). The treadmill comes with LED display with 4 main modes of operation: Scan, Speed, Time, Distance and Calories. More information can be found here